How to distinguish between combed and carded cotton yarn
By yarn material
1. Pure spinning Pure spinning is a yarn spun from a fiber material, such as cotton yarn, hemp yarn and silk yarn. Such yarns are suitable for making pure textiles.
2. Blended yarn Blended yarn is a yarn spun from two or more fibers, such as polyester and cotton blended yarn, wool and viscose blended yarn, etc. Such yarns are used in fabrics that highlight the advantages of both fibers.
Subdivided by yarn thickness
1. Coarse and special yarn: Coarse and special yarn refers to the wonderful thread of 32 special and above (18 British and below in the British system). This type of yarn is suitable for thick fabrics such as tweed, denim, etc.
2. Medium special yarn: Medium special yarn refers to the yarn of 21-32 special (19~28 British count in the British system). This type of yarn is suitable for medium thickness fabrics such as plain cloth, gabardine, khaki, etc.
3. Fine special yarn: Fine special yarn refers to 11~2. Special (N 295 Imperial) yarn. These yarns are suitable for thin fabrics such as muslin, poplin, etc.
4. Extra-fine special yarn: Extra-fine special yarn refers to the yarn of 10 tex and below (English system 58 and above). This type of yarn is suitable for high-grade fine fabrics, such as high-count shirts, worsted cardigans, etc.
By spinning system
1. Worsted yarn Worsted yarn, also known as combed yarn, refers to the yarn spun through the combing process, including combed cotton yarn and worsted wool yarn. The fibers in the yarn have high parallel straightness, evenness and smoothness, but the cost is high and the yarn count is high. Combed yarns are mainly used as raw materials for high-grade fabrics and knitwear, such as fine spinning, gabardine, tweed, and wool sweaters.
2. Woolen yarn Woolen yarn, also known as carded wool yarn or carded cotton yarn, refers to the yarn that is carded according to the general spinning system without going through the combing process. The short fibers in the roving yarn are more dense, the fiber parallel straightness is poor, the structure is loose, the hair is more, the yarn count is low, and the quality is poor. Such yarns are mostly used as raw materials for general fabrics and knitwear, such as woolen fabrics, cotton fabrics above medium and special, etc.
3. Waste spinning waste spinning refers to the yarn spun from textile waste (waste cotton) or mixed with low-grade raw materials. The yarn is of poor quality, soft, uneven, contains a lot of impurities, and has poor color. Generally, it is only used to weave low-grade fabrics such as cheese blankets, terry cloth and packaging cloth.
By spinning method
1. Ring-spun yarn Ring-spun yarn refers to the yarn made by twisting the traditional spinning method on the ring spinning frame. The fibers in the yarn are intertwined inside and outside, the yarn structure is tight and the strength is high, but the production efficiency is limited because the twisting and winding work are completed by a set of mechanisms at the same time. These yarns are versatile and can be used in all types of fabrics, braids, ropes.
2. Free-end yarn The free-end yarn refers to condensing and twisting fibers into yarn in the flow field of the rotor rotating at high speed or in the electrostatic field. The twisting and winding of the yarn are completed by different components. Therefore, the efficiency is high and the cost is low.
(1) Air-flow yarn: Air-flow yarn is also called rotor spinning, which uses air flow to condense and twist the fibers in the spinning rotor rotating at high speed and output into yarn. The yarn structure is fluffy, wear-resistant, even and evenly dyed than ring-spun yarn, but with lower strength. This type of yarn is mainly used for bulky and thick plain cloth, flannel and knitted fabrics in woven fabrics.
(2) Electrostatic yarn: Electrostatic yarn is a yarn made by using electrostatic field to condense and twist fibers. The structure of the yarn is the same as that of the air-flow yarn, and the use is also similar to that of the air-flow yarn.
(3) Vortex yarn: Vortex yarn is a yarn spun with a fixed vortex spinning bobbin instead of a high-speed spinning rotor. The yarn has more curved fibers, low strength and poor evenness, but it has better dyeing and wear resistance. This type of yarn is mostly used for pile fabrics, such as fleece, sportswear, etc.
(4) Dust cage yarn: Dust cage yarn, also known as friction spinning, is a yarn that uses a pair of dust cages to agglomerate and twist fibers. The yarn has a layered structure, the core twist is large and the hand is hard, and the outer twist is small and the hand is soft. Such yarns are mainly used in industrial textiles, decorative fabrics, and can also be used in outerwear (such as work clothes, protective clothing).
3. Non-free-end yarn: Non-free-end yarn is another kind of yarn spun by a new spinning method different from free-end yarn, that is, in the process of twisting the fiber, the two ends of the fiber strip are in a gripped state. Not the free end. This new type of yarn includes self-twisting, air-jet and core-spun yarns.
(1) Self-twisting yarn: Self-twisting yarn is a kind of non-free end new type of yarn. It applies false twist to two slivers through reciprocating rollers. force, twisting each other into yarn. This yarn has uneven twist, with untwisted sections on one yarn, resulting in lower yarn strength. It is suitable for the production of wool yarn and chemical fiber yarn, and it is more suitable for use on patterned fabrics and suede fabrics.
(2) Air-Jet Yarn Air-jet yarn is a yarn spun through wrapping and twisting by applying false twist to the yarn sliver by using the high-speed jet eddy current generated by the compressed air. The structure of the yarn is unique, the core of the yarn is almost untwisted, the outer fibers are randomly wrapped, the yarn is loose, the hand feels rough, and the strength is low. These yarns can be processed into woven and knitted fabrics for men's and women's tops, shirts, sportswear and workwear.
JGR231 Cotton Yarn Spinning Machine is a new type of spinning equipment with advanced positioning and fast speed among the similar models in China at present. Its suitable spinning range is wide, the main raw materials are: pure cotton, viscose, wool, hemp, spun silk, cotton-type chemical fiber, recycled cotton, staple wool and its blending, etc. The spinning range is 5S ~ 36 S.
(3) Core-spun yarn: Core-spun yarn is a kind of yarn spun with filament as the core and covered with short fibers. It has the advantages of core filaments and covered short fibers, so that the yarn-forming performance exceeds that of single fibers. . Commonly used yarn core filaments are polyester yarn,
Nylon yarn, spandex yarn, outsourcing staple fiber commonly used cotton, polyester/cotton, wax fiber, wool, etc. Core-spun yarns are currently mainly used as sewing threads, shirting fabrics, burnt-out fabrics and stretch fabrics.